Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Transformation and the Urban Market -- I Have Been Transformed


Here is the final project that I have created through my media ethnographic study of the Ballard Farmer's Market. I've selected the theme of "transformation" both of the place itself and how I have been changed by the space. It is a multimedia project that includes: Photos I have taken, video collage, a video interview, photos and video taken by my husband of my intervention within the space and, finally, lyrics composed from my field diary set to an original track created by a talented composer friend of mine. It is conceptualized based on the experience of the seven senses within the market space. Enjoy!


Transformation and the Urban Market from Elke Hautala on Vimeo.

ADDITIONAL PORTFOLIO ITEMS FOR ELKE HAUTALA:

Photographic study -- Fremont in January -- An exploration of the juxtaposition between commerce, nature and art in the urban environment.



Love Songs for a Post Modern Paradise -- Five original tracks and one cover that I performed and recorded -- an exploration of the emotional landscape in a world beyond definitive answers and ideals with thematic elements of pop culture, urban living and youthful yearnings.






No comments:

Post a Comment