Monday, January 9, 2012

Let's start at the beginning...

So here it is another January morning in Seattle and I'm settled into one of my favorite spots on campus -- the Paul Allen Engineering Building -- not because I've actually ever taken an engineering class but because it looks like a more Utopian vision of Blade Runner (plus the bagels are good). It's kind of appropriate to start with an introduction of space I use since that's what this blog will be all about -- space, the final frontier (yes, that joke never gets old). In all seriousness I will be investigating through media ethnography how people in my little 'hood of Ballard inhabit and use space.
Perhaps the best place to start is with a little rundown on who I am the "long story short" version. I'm a 34 year old returning student at UW majoring in CHID and minoring in history. I'm an actress, singer, history buff, avid reader, cinema lover and future documentary filmmaker (hopefully the not too distant future!). I'm an identical twin and I've done everything from working an international film market in Milan, to studying Shakespeare in Oxford, to working in International Theatrical Acquisitions (that's a fancy title for copying lots of legal documents on global blockbusters like, say, Alien vs. Predator) at 20th Century Fox and I'm currently a Seattle Underground Tour Guide. I'm looking forward to the journey we'll be taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment